- July 17, 2017
- Posted by: Familychp
- Category: Uncategorized
Chiropractic Tips for Optimum Health
Dr. Martin Blankenship, an expert in wellness, shares his tips to achieve optimum overall health (physically and mentally). To look and feel your best for life, take the doc’s advice and start putting these tips into action today.
- Don’t punish yourself through “Diet”, form “Health Choices.” Instead, by creating a lifestyle around healthy choices and daily habits you will reduce your risk of disease and increase your quality of life.
- Make every health choice based on what your body (as a Homo-Sapien) genetically requires to express health. Learn to listen to what YOUR body needs.
- Eat real food that is as fresh as possible and the highest quality you can budget for. Aim to increase your intake of vegetables, especially raw ones. Eliminate as much processed, junk and fast food as possible and drink at least 2L of water a day.
- SLEEP! Get plenty of sleep (7-9 hours/day.) Sleep reduces stress levels, helps maintain healthy weight, sharpens attention, improves memory and allows the body to heal and repair (e.g. heart and blood vessels.)
- Move every day, multiple times a day. Many people today sit during their daily commute, sit all day at work, sit in front of the TV and sit some more at their home computers. Our bodies are not built for sitting all day long. Sitting for prolonged periods of time decreases your life expectancy.
- Undertake a minimum of two sessions per week of exercise or weight training. Not only will you increase your strength and fitness, have a healthier heart and more energy daily but these movements elicit important hormone responses. This includes activating cortisol and insulin and therefore reducing stress and risk of diabetes/obesity, respectively.
- Practice mindfulness (prayer, meditation, imagery, etc.) and employ an attitude of gratitude. Try a gratitude journal such as Grid Diary.
- Contribute to something larger than yourself, find YOUR purpose.
- Cultivate and foster healthy relationships. Try to remove yourself as much as possible from toxic friendships and relationships.
- Ensure your spine and nervous system are clear and connected. Make Family Chiropractic Plus, St Petersburg, Fl. Your number one choice in health care. Call us or drop in at 3862 Central Ave, St Petersburg and meet our diverse team with Dr. Martin K Blankenship (Principle Chiropractic Physician), Dr. Kaysie Blankenship-Powers (Chiropractic Nutrition), Louise Blankenship (Practice Manager) and Ayla Bear (Sausage Dog/Mascot). We love visitors!