- July 31, 2017
- Posted by: Familychp
- Category: Uncategorized
- Physical Exercise:Physical activity increases the body’s natural endorphins thus animating one’s attitude and stimulates decision-making abilities.
- Diet:Omega-3 is an essential nutrient for the brain. It feeds the brain and assists in preventing various brain disorders. Our bodies need whole foods, fresh raw ingredients, which are often lacking from our diets today. Martin recommends Juice Plus, the research is outstanding and the produce easy and fuss free. It may be the answer! http://dr-blankenship.juiceplus.com
- Mental Exercise:Just as physical exercise is vital for health both mentally and physically, mental exercise is also vital. Most of us have heard the saying, if you don’t use it you lose it, this has never been more relevant than when it comes to the brain. As we get older our brains also get older as well (I know it was a shock to me too). If we don’t keep using it, then pathways shut down and ultimately so do we. Brain games are a fun, straightforward way to focus the brain and exercise this very important organ. mindgames.com/Brain+Games (just one of hundreds, free online).
- Video Games:Your first reaction might be NO! Video games are childish and a waste of time. You may question how video games could be useful. Researchers have shown that individuals that play video games (in moderation) have increased reaction times, concentration and speed of decision making. Video games are in essence, mental exercise!
- Meditation/Yoga:Inner reflection has endless qualities, it helps with stress, depression, concentration, relaxation and more.
- Music:This quote best describes the effects that music has on our brains:
“Several studies have linked music to drug-like effects. Research conducted by neuroscientist Valorie Salimpoor found that music releases dopamine, the “feel good hormone” that is activated from pleasurable experiences like food or sex. … Listening to music changes your brain chemistry.”