- September 24, 2018
- Posted by: Familychp
- Category: Best Rated Chiropractor St Peterburg Fl., Blog, Bursitis, Chiropractic, Inflammation, Joint Degeneration
What is Bursitis? – Bursitis is a common condition that occurs when the body is exposed to repetitive motion or trauma. The bursa is a fluid filled sac that creates a cushion around bones, tendons and ligaments, particularly around the joints. This fluid is designed to protect the joints and it does an excellent job right up until it doesn’t.
When we overuse our joints due to sport, work or other repetitive activities, or we have a disease such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout, the bursa can become inflamed. Common symptoms include pain both when in motion and at rest. Inflammation and tenderness of the area are common.
Clinical Evaluation of Bursitis – Typically, a physical examination of the area involves a comprehensive rheumatologic/musculoskeletal evaluation of the affected area.
Diagnosis is most often symptom based:
- Pain in affected area both in motion and at rest
- Intermittent loss of movement in the affected area
- History of repetitive motion or trauma
X-ray, MRI or bone scans can be utilized to rule out other conditions or injuries.
If you are experiencing any of the following side effects, see a doctor immediately as they may indicate a more severe condition.
- Intense pain
- The area becomes swollen, hot and/or red
Bursitis Treatment – With the support of Dr. Blankenship and the team at Family Chiropractic Plus, St Petersburg Fl. research and practice have demonstrated that relief from bursitis is highly likely. Dr. Blankenship performs adjustments to decrease joint restrictions and/or misalignments in the spine and other joints in the body to reduce inflammation and improve function of both the affected joint and the nervous system. By increasing joint mobility and removing subluxations that affect your nervous system and spinal health, your body can better manage symptoms caused by bursitis.
- Relief from pain
- Management of inflammation
- Promotion of natural healing
- Re-align structural balance
- Central Nervous System returned to full function