- February 21, 2019
- Posted by: Familychp
- Category: Blog
Reiki Healing: What Is It And What Are The Benefits?
Wouldn’t you love to have the opportunity to heal yourself? Well actually, you have that amazing ability, as we all do. The art of Reiki Healing is about energy and our body’s life force.
With the use of hands, it is a transfer of positive energy to aid someone when physically or emotionally weakened. It is a technique that can help relieve stress and increase relaxation.
What Is Reiki
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by the “laying on hands” and is based on the concept that an unseen “ life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive.
- If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more prone to get sick or feel stress. When life force energy is high, then we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
- The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words. Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy”.
- Reiki is a natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
Health Benefits Of Reiki
- Reiki can help the recipient achieve a state of peace which strengthens their spiritual well-being.
- Reiki can help the patient reach a heightened state of relaxation which facilitates the body to better use its own energy to naturally heal itself.
- Routine Reiki treatments can help balance the mind and emotions of the patient which allows them to address issues in their life with more clarity and focus.
- Reiki works to relieve pain from many chronic conditions such as sciatica, migraines, and arthritis.
- Reiki helps the body attain its natural balance and can help reduce side effects from medical treatments or speed healing after surgery.
How Can I Learn Reiki
- Reiki is easily learned and practiced as self-care by anyone who is interested, regardless of the person’s age or state of health.
- One of the hallmarks of Reiki practice is its simplicity, special background or credentials are not necessary to receive training.
- You can only learn Reiki from a qualified Reiki master. One way to find a Reiki master is to ask friends that practice Reiki with whom they studied, check with community posts or your ask your Practitioner. Practitioners often know of other complementary therapy providers.
- It is important to note that Reiki is not a standardized practice thus there is no guarantee that anyone using the title “Reiki master” has the training and experience you are seeking. For this reason, it’s important to inquire into any Reiki master’s background, and a credible Reiki master will welcome this inquiry.
3 Degrees Of Reiki
- The first degree is usually taught over 8-12 hours. Students practice Reiki self-care and also share Reiki with one another. This class prepares students to give themselves daily Reiki for life. For most people who want to practice on themselves and family, first-degree training is all they need.
- The second degree is distance healing. Students learn to replace the hand-to-body contact with a mental connection when needed so that healing can be offered even when touch is impossible or inappropriate. The second degree can bring another dimension of healing and can also be used to enhance hands-on treatment.
- The third degree of Reiki enables the student to become a Reiki Master, over a period of time. This degree is often taught in two parts, the first is where the student becomes a Reiki master and the second is where the student learns how to teach Reiki, thereby becoming a Reiki Master Teacher.
The Reiki Takeaway
Many people have reported miraculous outcomes from the laying on of the hands. It works well when used together with other therapeutic approaches to promote the healing of the mind, body, and spirit.
When it is performed it feels as a warm, glowing radiance is flowing through your body. It doesn’t focus on the symptoms of the illness but instead the entire body. A Reiki Healing session can leave you with a sense of tranquility, serenity, and well-being.
We would love to be a part of your health and wellness journey. Contact us to view our location, learn more about our services and let us help you find your optimal state of health!